Friday 13 August 2010

Living life in the fast line.....

It's Friday and I am thinking to myself I have made it through another week - yay! The worst thing about having a Monday - Friday job is that you do end up wishing your life away.

You start the week on Monday thinking I can't believe how fast the weekend went and dreading the fact you have another week ahead of you. Tuesday rolls around with slight more optimism, knowing you have Monday out of the way but also knowing you are not yet at the half-way mark. Wednesday is the sun braking through the clouds day, when you know after lunch you will be over the hump and speeding towards the next weekend. Thursday is like a neither-here-nor-there-day where you know you're only one day away but can't quite reach the finish line just yet. Then Friday is here and you're full of the joys of summer knowing you can literally count down the hours until you are free to roam the lands for two whole days. Then before you know it, it is Monday again....

I have been trying to become more adventurous by arranging activities mid-week, in the vain hope that I can break up the monotonous routine that has become my life. In doing this I hope to become more of an interesting person with a brighter outlook on life, rather than someone who counts down the hours from her desk waiting for the weekend to land.

I met up with a newly single friend of mine at the beginning of the week who is still savouring the awe of becoming her own free person again, who quite rightly told me I should be out every night living the high life of a singleton. After much deliberation over a few G&T's I decided that I would give it a go.

Rather than trying to break my week in gently I thought I would take my life by the scruff of the neck and go full speed in fifth gear, enjoying being a singleton every night this week - and now Friday is here I feel......well..... absolutely knackered! The thought of going out tonight makes me feel weak in the knees and I still have a full weekend ahead of me.

I think next week I will opt for the middle lane instead on cruise control and will leave living life in the fast lane to one of my younger peers......

No comments:

Post a Comment