Sunday 23 January 2011

Easy Like Sunday Morning...

Think Sunday morning and what conjures up in your mind? Lazing in bed, nice steamy cup of tea, radio playing softly in the background and possibly a light fuzzy head from a few glasses of vino.

Whilst the first three are partially correct, I had a completely tee-total evening in preparation for this morning - to test drive my new wheels - on my own for the VERY FIRST TIME!

I know it's really sad, but seeing as I have only just acquired the right to own my very own car having just recently passed my test, I was too excited at the prospect of taking it out. Whilst I was very nervous in case something went wrong or I messed up, I was also very excited at the prospect of having my very own freedom in my own control. As much as I'm sure my friends have never minded ferrying me around, it is not quite the same as knowing you have your own mode of transport - and it is even better now I know I can return all those years of favours.

Did it live up to my expectations you ask? Hell yes, it did! I loved it, flying along the Ockendon country lanes (where unfortunately I failed my first test) being able to rejoice in the fact that I had indeed conquered the art of driving at the national speed limit along narrow country lanes riddled with bends. After this nice feeling of elation, I took a slow poodled drive through Hornchurch town centre back to my home town.

But, I think the best feeling of all was being able to reverse park outside my own home knowing I had done it all on my own with no help. Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment