Saturday 29 January 2011

No pain, no gain....

So, its a new year and a new day with a new dawn. I'm afraid to say I was one of those people who made various new years resolutions - including shaping up and getting fit, which I'm actually determined to stick to it.

I'm not going to be unrealistic, but I could comfortably do with losing about half a stone and want to tone up - and feel I am slowly making progress.

I've cut my drinking nights out down to 1 or 2 nights a week as opposed to 4 or 5 like I was doing the latter part of last year. Whilst my social life has taken a dire battering, my bank balance was still in the black at end of January and I'm sure my liver is secretly applauding me too due to the fact it is no longer drowning or intoxicated by fumes!

Whilst I still have a long way to go to get a body to rival Claudia Schiffer, I feel I am heading in the right direction. Only this morning I realised I could reach my ankle whilst stretching doing the box split, whereas I could barely touch my calf three weeks ago.

I'm working through the 5:30am get-ups with the knowledge that come the summer I will hopefully be nicely toned and un-ashamed to dig out my hot pants. I just need to remember no pain is no gain the next time I'm hobbling up the stairs at work.....

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment