Friday 15 April 2011

Let There Be........A Steaming Pile of Shite????

I am seriously starting to doubt this little thing called life. Life! What the hell is this crap? I am constantly feeling like I am taking one giant step forward - only to be pulled back by two.

I try to stay positive, laugh off the bad times, be the bigger person, excuse others selfishness and/or rudeness, think to the future - but no matter how brave a face you put on it, something always comes along to trip you up so you splatter face first in the shite that is the very essence of existence. I am almost positive that God created man (and woman) so he could look down upon us from his glistening throne - and laugh his pants off at our misdemeanours and misfortunes. Ha bloody ha.

There are some people that breeze through life, finding every silver cloud along the way. Then there are others who spend their life searching for just a glimmer of silver - only to be left standing out in the rain. I have come to the conclusion that I must have really pissed the big man off upstairs and he is wreaking his revenge by putting me into the latter category and seeing just how many hailstorms he can pass my way. I even seem to get bonus rounds involving thunder and lightening, yippee!

Seriously, here was me thinking I could try to give myself a goal to distract me from my lets-drift-a-while-phase-of-life and I can't even get that right! I managed to get my training of the ground with a good start, even managing to build up my last three runs to a cool 7.5 - 8k and then wham comes the lightening bolt. It appears I do not have runners knee as previously suggested, that would even seem like a blessing right about now. No, it appears that after spending a whole week limping around in agony and having gained the nick name peg-leg Lil at work, it seems I have actually accumulated some tissue damage to my knee. The result as per the quack? Total rest. No exercise. An MRI. Total boredom.

I need to exercise, I need to train otherwise I am going to go stern crazy. Not to mention the fact that I may start to represent the Pillsbury dough man from lack of sport.

I reckon I know where I am going wrong in life and what to do from now on out to stop getting so harangued. If you just come to expect the worse, then you really won't give a shit when it all comes crashing down around you.....sit back, put your feet up, take a toke on your cigar and a sip from your beer - and laugh at life's attempt to pull you down with it. Not today matey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment