Tuesday 19 April 2011

Wonder Towers

I think I have a fair idea of how Alice was feeling when she fell down the rabbit hole and wondered what the heck was going on.

Except I fell down my rabbit hole two years ago....and I'm still looking for the exit sign. But there is quite a few characters here to keep me on my toes and entertained, although whether in a good way or a bad I'm still on the fence. Plus, I'm pretty sure there is no 'Wonder' in this place, it's more like a tower that only the  criminally insane would choose to visit.

Seriously, I have never known a place like this. It certainly has earned it's reputation of being 'special' with like minded individuals to boot.

We have our own version of tweedle dum and tweedle dee, all wrapped up in one hit. I still do chuckle over the episode with the peas, that even made lord Farkwrought chuckle along with the Cheshire cat. Then there is the caterpillar, the all seeing eye who makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever to the average pleb, who takes great delight in playing games and looking down on all the menials beneath him.

We have our very own mad hatter that runs around all day making everyone dizzy, making me ponder how someone so small can create such a big ripple around them self. There really isn't a need for a megaphone either - the hatter has one built in, you hear the craziness before you see it.

Of course the biggest character of all - the red queen. Except ours is a king. I wake up in this wonderland everyday expecting to hear an office equivalent of, "Off with their head!" The king will be sat there observing everything, a shrewd smile playing on his lips whilst the latest victim scurries out the door with their tail between their legs, sobbing (quite literally in some cases) as they head out into the wilderness never to be seen again.

Oh, the joys of City life. So much fun, I can't wait for tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment