Monday 25 April 2011

Walking on Sunshine

Don't you just love those weekends when you don't actually have anything planned, you feel a little apprehensive at the thought of doing absolutely nothing, but then it all comes together and turns into a top notch time you know you'll remember for a while to come.

This is what my Easter weekend has been about. I was sitting at home Friday morning thinking what am I actually going to do for 4 days, sitting around relaxing doing nothing has never been one of my strong points and the thought of listening to repeated stories from my dad for 3 days straight quite frankly filled me with terror.

But alas, the last few days have actually been pretty perfect. The weather has been warm, sun shining and we've been inundated with visitors - cousins, second cousins, childhood friends and my sister and brother-in-law popped down too with my niece.

We even invented our own human version of hungry hippos round the paddling pool which just finished the day off nicely, although getting the prime spot opposite my niece was probably a faux par as I ended up wearing almost half the water from the pool! But she more than made up for it by asking me, "When's happy aunties day? I want to make a special card to send you" ah, how sweet.

After being converted into a ladette we watched the setting sun with a cool fosters in our hands, soaking wet (and shivering in my case!) thoroughly chilled and with the making of a nice golden tan. Bliss, happy days!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment