Monday 23 May 2011

7 Weeks & Counting...

The count down has begun, training schedules have been released and it is only seven weeks to go until my 10k run through Battersea. On printing out my desired schedule, my first thought was, 'Oh, fuck!'

I was hoping to enter in as an intermediate runner, planning to finish in little over an hour, but considering how out of touch I am and due to the fact I know in my heart I cannot stick to this plan they have created, I have had to opt for defeat and go with the beginners schedule.

But all is not lost. I managed to do two runs last week, although I don't know if you can count the first as a run - I managed a poultry 2k before slowing to a fast walk, which I had to endure for the last 1.5k as my knee was saying no, no, no! But, after getting my super shiny brand new trainers delivered on Friday, I decided I just had to test drive these at the weekend - and what a difference they made! Granted I'm still incredibly out of shape compared to six weeks ago, but I managed a whole 4.5k without stopping and my knee was barely twinging when I got back home - hurrah! Excluding the fact it took me almost 40 minutes to run and I most probably could have walked the last half km faster than I ran it, I still did it and pushed through.

Onwards and upwards as I have said before - even if it takes me three hours on the day, I am determined to get across the finish line, be it running, jogging, hobbling or crawling on all fours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment