Saturday 14 May 2011

Sweaty Betty Returns

After spending the last five weeks being a total couch potato, I have finally had my MRI results back and been given the all clear to start introducing exercise again. It is a total relief to know I can start working towards a goal again, to focus on getting my fitness levels back up to scratch.

A very good friend of mine has given me some strengthening exercises to do. After shattering her knee cap she was advised to work on developing her quad & hamstring muscles which takes pressure away from the knee.
My strengthening exercises have now commenced and I even managed to attempt an upper body work out this morning. I was quite appalled at how much my stamina has fallen. My back is aching, my arms feel like I have been in a boxing ring with a pro and where as a few weeks back I wouldn't even have broken into a sweat - this morning I was well and truely a sweaty betty!

But, I shall focus on the positive in that I have taken my first baby step on the road to recovery and fitness. I felt like a little kid at Christmas, all excited at the prospect that I shall soon be up and mobile again, putting my trainers through there paces once more.

Hopefully by the time July rolls round this sweaty betty will be a fully functioning glowing jogger once more!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment