Monday 2 May 2011

Alcoholic? Moi?

Oh dear, it's happened again. I am starting to wonder if I have a drinking problem - in that I just can't say no. It's a tragedy waiting to happen, but at the time always seems like a good idea......until the hangover & dehydration kicks in. Then I remember why I said the previous time, "Never again....."

After travelling up to Norfolk and having a very civilised barbecue with some of my sisters friends and a few bottles of bud, it was decided that after they left and due to the fact my sister didn't want to drink, it was only fair that I kept by bro happy by having a few drinks with him instead. Not that I took that much persuading, but a few drinks turned into the whole bottle of Jack, plus a few extra bottles of bud before crashing into bed at 6am.

Did I feel rough the next day? Not half, but it was a great night. I got introduced to the world of guitar hero, which is highly hilarious watching someone drunk trying to strum the life out of a plastic guitar, whilst we was both attempting to sing along with the tunes. This was followed by Metallica & Pearl Jam playing in concert (and a very in depth discussion about why Eddie Vedder is a hottie) before chilling out to Incubus (and another in depth discussion from my brother-in-law why Brandon Boyd is a mans man!!) and chatting away to the small hours. When you start to see day light breaking outside and you can hear the birds chirruping, that's when you know you've had enough (also the fact we had run out of drink had a great deal to do with it too....)

I managed to get about one and half hours sleep before being woken up by niece who insisted I just had to go and watch Peppa Pig with her. Kids really don't understand the meaning of the word 'hungover'. When I said 5 more minutes and attempted to role over I got a very sharp elbow in my ribs and got the duvet whipped away. After stumbling down the stairs and somehow managing to assemble some form of breakfast for her, I thought I would be able to catch some zzz's whilst she watched her programme. No. Every time I so much as shut my eyes, I got a giant sized fluffy thumper smacked into my face.

That's not to mention the overwhelming drama of feeling well enough to stand in the shower without passing out or acting like a comatose zombie right through the next day.....Ah well, what can I say? In the words of my brother, "Epic night....lol!"

No comments:

Post a Comment