Friday 29 July 2011

The Countdown Begins....

It is finally starting to feel real - my holiday is slowly creeping round and I am getting so excited. I feel like a kid that is anxiously awaiting Christmas day to come round, knowing it will soon be upon me, but it's not quite there yet.

I still have quite a lot to plan and arrange before I go, including the dreaded jabs and malaria tablets, but I am so looking forward to just being outdoors and exploring another City. No desk, no computer, no annoying emails to contend with - just me, a group of other travellers and my trustee camera and journal to record my precious moments.

I'm sitting here on a Friday afternoon imagining being up in the mountains, clear blue skies, lots of lush greenery and trekking along the Inca Trail, heading to the 'lost' city of Machu Picchu. It sure beats filing paper work and processing invoices.

I think I have well and truly got the travel bug, I'm already thinking ahead to where I could go next year. Nothing big scale, but I would love to go and see more of Europe. Seeing as it on our doorstep (kind of) it seems a shame not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment