Monday 1 August 2011

How time flys

I cannot believe we are already in August, I honestly do not know where the last 7 months have gone. Just think, another 4 months to go then we will be in 2012. How scary is that?

I always think back to when I was younger, hearing my mum saying, 'I just don't know where the time goes...' thinking what is she on about? When your eight years old and running riot with your friends, riding your bike and climbing trees, I guess time really is of no importance when have no responsibilities - therefore you just carry on the fun and do the exact same thing the next day too.

I can't help but feel this year is abit of a wash out. What have I actually achieved? Granted I'm no worse off than last year, but I don't really seem any further forward either. I feel like the last few months have been like that film Ground Hog Day, where you're re-living the same thing over and over. Get up, work, go home, sleep, get up, work etc...pay the bills, realise how skint you are then count down to the next payday.

Am I just being over-zealous, wishing for a better life that really doesn't exist? Is this what it is really all about, slogging away until you reach the pristine age of retirement, before realising that the very essence of life is just that?

I guess I could always become the town's spinster when I get older, spying down on the neighbours, surrounded by a pack of cats for company.

Oh well, on the bright side - it will soon be time again to deck my halls with bells and holly - oh great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment