Wednesday 17 August 2011

Generation Undecided

I read a very intersting article coming home on the train today about the generation undecided. Apparently, according to research, women born between 1977 - 2004 have been raised under a 'you can have it all!' generation. We're struggling to cope with subsequent pressure & expectations put upon us - thus meaning that we are never truely happy with what we've got and are constantly fretting over whether we've got what we really want and feeling like we're missing out on something.

Whilst I don't think I'm anywhere near as extreme as the girls in this article, I can relate to certain aspects of what it is saying. You get so bogged down worrying and trying to plan for the next step in life and looking to the future that you never concentrate on the here and now, and what it is you've actually achieved to date.

Maybe this is where I am going wrong. Instead of constantly worrying about whether I'm making the right decisions, I should be asking myself 'am I content?' and just enjoy the here and now, finding comfort in my surroundings and everyday life.

Maybe this is really what life is about - enjoying each day as a gift that you make your own. So, I am going to take note on all the things that I do like about my life and take each day as it comes, focusing on the things that make me happy. Who knows, it could even work on straightening out the contents in my head.....bring on the new age of generation decided! Or at least getting-there-decided.....!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment