Friday 19 August 2011

Farewell Desk Buddy....

I am still in a state of shock at the unfolding of my day. What started as a rather pleasant Friday morning, the usual banter with my partner in crime, happy in the thought that almost over half the office will be on holiday next week....then carnage has struck this afternoon.

Well, not quite. I am exagerating, but I have just found out they are re-arranging our commercial team and I am being paired with the bunny - amptly nick-named because she is a bunny boiler, in every sense of the word. At least I won't be alone, I shall have another colleague to try and help keep me sane, but still....I pre-warn you I can't not be held accountable for my actions.

I shall miss my current desk buddy, I'm always guaranteed a laugh or three everyday with our banter and jokes - even getting a dressing down on one occasion when I just couldn't stop laughing, resulting in some rather strange looks from the rest of the office. The Beavis to my Butthead is being replaced by a somewhat unhinged character - which is the mild way of saying, quite frankly - that she's nuts! I can't help but hear the 'Psycho' theme tune whenever I turn round and she is just staring...smiling...as you do.

I think Miss S and I shall have to dig deep to find new ways of having some fun in the office, to break up the monotmous routine that is office life. Oh lord, why can life never be simple? I reckon I should get that straight jacket ordered now for when they cart me away in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment