Friday 26 August 2011

Viva La Espana!

It's been an interesting week, lots of ups and downs - a few laughs, a few tears, lots of boredom and an ever annoying flatmate, but on the plus side - it's Friday. My god what a slow week this has been, I have never known time to drag so literally.

Alas - it seems all is not bad and I may still be able to put my personal world to rights. At the start of every year I always set myself goals to work towards in the coming year, some get achieved and others don't. But this year has been absolutely dismal. Time just seems to have vanished - next week we shall be in September and it has felt recently that 2011 has well and truly been a wash out of a year.

But I had a little ray of light this week. One of my goals this year was to get back into studying and brush up on my Spanish, which has virtually all but been forgotten since I left school. After a lunch meeting with my boss on Tuesday, it has been suggested that it would be good to get the office involved in learning a language seeing as we are an international company and has put forward the Spanish language for starters.

I know it sounds quite sad and I do confess I am a bit of a geek, but I'm actually quite excited about learning something new. I think it will be good to focus on something positive and to see out the rest of the year at least part way towards one of my goals.

What can I say....Viva la Espana!!! Lets just hope it gets off the ground soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment