Monday 29 November 2010

Drunken Ramblings

Why is it every time I meet up with my friends, instead of talking handbags, shoes, reality shows or nostalgic childhood memories - our conversations always turn into drunken remnants.

Is it possible to get nostalgic over nights out on the lash and humouring your friends with highly embarrassing stories that quite frankly, you just shouldn't be repeating? I'm wondering if I should be getting worried about the level of social skills that I have gained and whether this is the norm?

I'm often getting told that I drink too much and should find other ways of spending my social life - and whilst I do highly agree with them, I just don't seem to have the will power to carry it through. I might look into different activities to do - bowling, art galleries, museums, dinner - but whenever I suggest these things more often than not at the last minute someone will say they can't be bothered and can we just go for a drink somewhere instead? Which inadvertently turns into an all nighter with drunken screeches, struggling to stand upright, embarrassing fellow passengers on the train home by commenting on their dodgy outfits (I'm sorry, but who in their right mind would choose to wear a Michael Jackson get up on a night out, bright red jackets and rind stone gloves are really not cool.....) and waking up on random sofas the following morning without a clue as to how you got there.

I'm always telling people that if you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at? It's only a bit of fun at the end of the day, but is it time yet to worry about whether or not I am becoming an alcoholic? Nah, I reckon I've got a few more years left in me yet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment