Monday 22 November 2010

The Holiday Season Has Arrived!

Oh lordy - where or where has the last year gone? It seems like only yesterday I was sitting around at my parents on Boxing Day joking about how the festive season was all done and dusted for another year, quoting how the next one would probably be upon us in a flash - and low and behold here it is again.

You know it is officially the Christmas season when you see the Coca Cola advert and hear the unmistakable tune, 'the holidays are coming......!' - that is the moment when you know it will be full steam ahead. Mixing in with crowds galore trying to find your way to a shelf and then onto the till, stocking up on indulgence food because it is the holiday season, therefore it seems justifiable to eat a whole years worth of calories in two weeks and that is without all the partying and drinking where everyone wants to catch up before the new year (which I might add is my personal favourite highlight of the festive season!)

As much as I think Christmas has become a bit of a farce - most kids these days don't even know the meaning behind it other than it's a time of year to get presents - I do love the feeling of climbing up into the loft to dust of the decorations and the tree, ready for another year. Although I must admit I am abit anal when it comes to decorating and I like the tree to look orderly, it's still nice once it is done to switch on those lights and remember nostalgic Christmas' that have already been. The warm fuzzy feeling, everyone being on their best behaviour, the look on people's faces when they open their presents and of course, getting a wee bit sozzled on your dads home made Christmas puddings.

To all those 'bah-humbergs' out there - I say 'the holidays are coming......!'

No comments:

Post a Comment