Wednesday 3 November 2010

Nostalgic Memories

When did life become so dull and boring? What happened to the days when you would jump out of bed and wolf down your breakfast because you was too impatient and felt like you was missing out on something in the big wide yonder? Where has that added 'zing' gone, the one that would be there whilst you're running down the street in your flashing LA trainers full of joy and wonder?

Fast forward 20 years and this is where it has gone to - a 9 to 5 desk job, mortgages and bills galore and the feeling that life really isn't all that you thought it would crack up to be! Nice one!

I've been trying to pin-point the exact time when I realised my ambitious 'I can conquer the world' phrase ended and my 'oh-my-god-I'm-getting-old' phase kicked in it's place. I'm guessing about 3pm on September 23, 2009. No, kidding!

But on a serious note, why is it you spend your whole youth wishing you could just grow up and be taken more seriously, yet spend your adult life living down memory lane, wishing you could get some of that vitality back?

I even went through a phrase last year of going out and getting drunk just for the sheer hell of it, to do something fun and stupid and irresponsible. But all that made me realise is that the older I get, the worse the hangover gets, which made me feel even more old and depressed than when I had just stayed sober to begin with!

What can I say? I guess I'll just have to think up some other hair-brained scheme to 'mix-it up abit' and inject some fun into my life. To do that, I think I am going to need my nice comfy couch, a cup of tea, dressing gown and my slippers to properly relax and get the ideas flowing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment