Sunday 13 March 2011

Insomniacs R Us.....

Insomnia - it's something most people can relate to at some point in time, generally something that happens the odd night here and there, fretting about something then going back into the regular routine of slumber. Unfortunately, this is something that for me just seems to be getting worse over time. I really can't remember the last time I slept all the way through the night and a Sunday morning lie-in....forget it!

I've always been a light sleeper, but it never used to bother me & I'd still have bundles of energy....now I just feel like crap, look haggard and have massive circles underneath my eyes that no amount of make-up can cover anymore.

I don't know what's worse - the thought that I know it's only 2:30am and I am staring at the ceiling trying to sort out the mess in my head which is accountable for me being wide awake - or the odd few chances when I do fall into a slumber, only to be woken by a hammering heart after having one of two recurring dreams, gripping onto the covers feeling a rather foolish twat waiting for the blood rushing in my ears to subside.

My subconscious is trying tell me something, but it's almost like when you have something on the tip of your tongue and you can't quite grasp it. Either that or I don't want to.

Until the day comes when I am at peace to sleep through the night, I have my music medley to keep me company through the nightly tosses and turns.........

No comments:

Post a Comment