Wednesday 9 March 2011

Let there be light......

It's a new dawn, on a new day....and I'm loving it!

Sun, where have you been hiding these last few months? Oh how I've missed your warm rays, your sunny ambiance and general feel good wow factor. Do you realise how dank and miserable it has been these last few months without you? I've had to get up in the dark, go home in the dark and generally just walk around in the gray miserable cold wetness that is winter!

Admittedly, it is rather cold out and I did still have my coat, scarf and gloves on this morning...but...oh, how you brightened my morning feeling your presence on my face walking up through the City this morning. You can't quite beat that feeling of being able to reach for the Ray Bans - and still be able to see where you are going through the light dappled streets of London.

You have certainly provoked some rather good memories of what the British Summer is all about and I just can't wait to be able to wear my summer clobber again. The feeling of wearing a vest top with the warmth on your shoulders and being able to have lunch al fresco swatting away the bees. I do love the City in the summer, the odd cheeky night being able to sip a Pimm's out on a forecourt somewhere, standing chatting away until it starts to get dusk late at night.....

Oh sun, how I love thee....please, please, please do stay a bit longer this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment