Friday 25 March 2011

Novice or Insane?

Every year I always try to make two or three resolutions and then aim to achieve at least one of these things - what is life without goals to work towards?

2010 was my year to learn to drive and experience a proper exploring holiday - which I achieved. I passed my test at the end of September, 2 days after flying back from Indonesia.

My 2011 goals are to get myself a car (which I have achieved), re-decorate the house (which I have had to put on hold, owing to the fact I thought my money was better spent on another holiday!), become financially stable to the point where I don't need to have a stranger in my house (which is a work in progress) and finally, get creative.

This last goal was not set with a particular theme in mind, in fact I was probably thinking more on the lines of getting back into painting and drawing again, but I feel I need a challenge - and my next adventure could be just that.

I have decided to try and write either a novel - or some short stories. I'm still unsure if this could be a good thing - or will just drive me round the bend. But, everyone needs a challenge in life and my very good friend suggested over lunch that it would be also be fun to blog about the ups and downs that are involved with doing this writing.

So, after much deliberation and some futile Internet research, it has taken me about a month to think of a half decent story outline - which I might add has a beginning, a middle AND an end - and I am now onto the next stage of building up the characters and researching into some facts for my story, so I can make it as accurate as possible.

So far so good, but I feel the real test will be putting pen to paper (or finger to keypad) and actually trying to start the opening chapter. Hopefully it will not take me another month to get the creativity flowing in being able to produce that first paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment