Wednesday 27 October 2010

Fatty Cat Intruder Alert

Don't you just hate it when it's the middle of the night, your quite comfy and sound asleep in your bed, when all of a sudden you are awaken by your companion because you have a intruder in the house.....

Now, what I am talking about is my cat Tigger, jumping on my face at 4am because the fatty cat from three houses up the road has entered in through his cat flap - again! - and is not only eating his food, but is also jumping on my sofa and stealing Tigger's pet toys in the process.

When I say fat, this cat is a real life black version of the TV character 'Garfield' and it does make me wonder how the hell he can fit through my flap! I'm sure his owners are feeding him on burgers and full fat milk, as this cat is the fur ball equivalent of obese - and he is a bruiser with it too! He swans into my house and bully's my cat if I don't get up and shew him back out into the wilderness.

But fatty cat is also clever - he knows if he leaves it 10 minutes, I would have turned the lights back off and trudged back upstairs to my bed and will already be dozing again - which is when he tries to sneak back in....

I have gone to some drastic measures to keep the fatty cat out, but so far to no avail. I have tried to border up the cat flap of a night time - which does admittedly stops him getting in, but also stops my cat getting out, thus resulting in Tigger jumping on my face at 4am when he needs the toilet.

Next I tried to stop putting food down of a night time, which also resulted in Tigger jumping on my face about 4am when hunger striked - and I found he also proceeded to leave quite a few bite marks in my cheek, which I can only assume was the side effect from lack of food!

My latest attempt was to bring Tigger's food upstairs into the bedroom out of the way, but it appears that Fatty Cat has no limits and not only comes into my bedroom seeking out his nightly nibbles, but also jumps on the bed too - proceeding in - yep, you've guessed it - Tigger jumping on my face to wake me up at 4am!

I refuse to be beaten by the fatty cat and one of these days I will have my comeuppance, but I think it is a pretty safe bet to say that no matter what I do, my cat obviously finds delight - in jumping on my face at 4am!

No comments:

Post a Comment