Saturday 16 October 2010

Lazy Days.....

I've been saying for ages now that I would love to have a nice lazy weekend at home, nothing planned, no housemate, just total freedom to roam the house and do nothing amidst the chaos that has become my life - and this weekend it has finally landed. Am I loving it? I am already bored out of my mind and it is only Saturday night........

I've been to Tesco's shopping, went for a five mile walk (just for the hell of it!), tidied up the house, been weeding out the garden, had a mad ten minutes with the cat and even managed an afternoon nap listening to the radio.

I feel so guilty sitting down doing nothing - how do people sit for a whole day on the sofa and just watch TV? I do love the feeling that I know I don't actually have to do these things and can take my time without rushing around trying to fit it in, but at the same time I would love to be able to just switch off and have no guilt for doing so.

I am coming to the conclusion that maybe I am a typical woman, in that I am never satisfied with what I have got and the grass will always looks greener on the other side. Or then again, maybe I just don't have it in my character to be a lazy git.....

When I'm hectic and hardly get to spend time at home, I want so badly to have a night on the sofa doing sweet FA, but then when I am home I want to be out doing stuff to keep from getting bored and idle.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make myself another cuppa for the umpteenth time today and enjoy the X Factor - but I do feel another walk coming on tomorrow morning............

No comments:

Post a Comment