Wednesday 20 October 2010

It's a hard knock life.......

So, the chancellor is today unveiling the country's planned spending cuts, the biggest since the second world war - but what does it all mean for the average John Doe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11579979

As if life is not hard enough already - constantly tightening the purse strings, cutting out as many luxuries and personal items as possible, paying over the odds for, well, just about everything out there and now it looks like it is about to get alot worse for the average person who lives month to month on a budget.

I'm sure that this will have absolutely no effect on people on a high wage salary and the chancellor has put measures in place to protect people on a low income, but what about the average Londoner who doesn't qualify as a low-income earner but still struggles through every day life...

I think the future is looking very bleak and I feel especially sorry for all those working in the public sector who will be affected by the 490,000 planned job loses - it kind of puts the recent strikes by the TFL into perspective!

After seeing the proposals, I guess I should be lucky that I managed to get on the property ladder before the recession started and that I have a relatively stable-ish job, but who knows what the future will hold. For the foreseeable, I guess it's fair to say that it will be hard going for the majority of people.

But, on a positive note, I still like to hold on to the fact that a smile and a laugh does the sole a world of good - and is one of the few thing that you don't get taxed on (yet!). So as hard as things get, I will try to smile as much as I can along with a cheeky wink - because, as they say, the best things in life are free.......

No comments:

Post a Comment