Tuesday 26 October 2010

Indonesia Earthquake

Having just got back from my travels to Indonesia a month ago, I was most shocked to read the following in the BBC news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11626242

Having experienced an earthquake whilst out there on my first night, it's surprising how quickly they come on with no warning at all. Whilst the locals were making light of it that it was only a small quake, I can only imagine how terrified they must have felt having to experience this bigger one that triggered a tsunami - and it's chilling how it evokes memories from the disaster in 2004....

I really do hope they find some if not the majority of those people missing. The locals I met on holiday were the nicest, humblest people I have ever met & although it is inevitable living on the ring of fire, I do hope they don't get any more tremors there any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment